About the Service
PhoneOnMap system enables you to locate and track a cell phone on the map upon the following conditions:
- the service can be used solely by registered user of the PhoneOnMap website
- the website user can monitor solely the cell phones with installed PhoneOnMap application and saved his/her email address
- the PhoneOnMap application can be installed and the user’s email address can be saved to the cell phone only by the phone’s owner
Protection against unauthorized use
A basic assumption for secure service operation is anonymity both of web users as well as of all monitored phone owners. The website user is registered only by email address and password.
We do not require any personal data or phone numbers.
GPS and GSM reliability
PhoneOnMap operation is based on the Global Positioning System (GPS) and GSM network. It is fully dependent
on functionality of these systems and data received through it. GPS functionality is considerably limited inside buildings and underground
areas. Its reliability is relatively high in open space. Small deviations from the actual position of the monitored object
may occur, depending on the satellites setting and position, natural conditions, urban built-up areas, GPS chip quality
used in the tracked phone etc. Accuracy of data received from GSM network depends on number of Cell towers (Base Transfer
Station) in the location. Generally, the accuracy is higher in urban areas than in unbuilt areas.
Using the service abroad
PhoneOnMap can be used worldwide, but the user must be aware that the data transmission outside provider's coverage area (i.e. abroad), will incur roaming charges like any other phone service.
PhoneOnMap basic functions
- shows a real time or last known position of the monitored phone
- lets you see a tracking history of the monitored phone
- animates the monitored phone’s tracks
- enables to set locations on the map, sends email alerts in case the monitored phone crosses the locations’ boundaries
At the present we are preparing the second version of the system containing very useful functions, which will, as we hope, bring a significant contribution to the user’s value of the service.